The Pemberton Farmer’s Market Association is a non-profit organization that runs a weekly Friday farmers’ market June to October.
The Market Manager Position is a part-time contract position from March 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 with potential for extension. The hours outside of market days are flexible, and the Manager can largely be based from home.
An ideal Market Manager:
- is self-motivated and organized
- is excited about local food and the local community
- is effective at problem-solving and creative thinking
- is able to collect and track data, including basic bookkeeping
Current Level 1 First Aid, and/or proven success in event and fundraiser coordination are desirable, but not required.
General responsibilties of the Market Manager include:
- Manage an excellent and diverse mix of local vendors
- Coordinate the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
- Organize market volunteers, as needed
- Be attentive to market polices and procedures, and to relevant local, provincial and national regulations
- Maintain website and communications with local government and market partners
- Actively promote the market and its vendors
- Measure the success of market and communicate it to the larger community
- Work with the Board of Directors to ensure sound financial management and sustainability of the market, including effective administrative systems
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply.
Application deadline is January 15, 2020.
Submissions and quieries can be directed to PFMA.email@example.com